Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 15 direct clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as outpatient support to almost 700 private Residential Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we have an immediate need for Nurse Practitioner for Mental Health
- Provides consultations and assessments to manage and stabilize emergent problems
- Provides mental health evaluations, assessments and follow-up care
- Provides consultation and follow-up to mental health staff to ascertain the need for psychotropic medication
- Participates in collaborative consultation with mental health staff regarding patient diagnosis and treatment
- Reviews treatment plans for patients housed on mental observation units and patients receiving medication
- Participates in various treatment modalities as required by the mental health service
- Participates in case conferences and treatment planning for patients receiving and being considered for mental health treatment
- Participates in mental health and medical rounds as assigned
- Evaluates patients for hospitalization and monitors patient through contact with the hospital psychiatry staff
- Conducts group sessions on mental health observation units including medication compliance groups
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervising Psychiatrist
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Graduate of an accredited college/university Nurse Practitioner program with current license/certification in California.
- Must demonstrate clinical competence and leadership abilities, such as decision- making abilities, skills in problem solving, communication and interpersonal skill
- Minimum one year of clinical nursing practice in a mental health setting, correctional experience preferred
- Current CPR Certification
- Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment physical examination
- A minimum of one year experience desirable.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Valid CA “Class 3” Driver License
- General Medical Office Activities - Walking, Standing, Sitting, Talking, Lifting, Typing, etc.
- Tactful, Diplomatic, Empathetic
- Must be able to work independently
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with patients, customers, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Organize and schedule work effectively.
- Work well under time constraint.
- Handle multiple tasks.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Handle confidential information.
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central City complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Normal office environment with:
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping and kneeling
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while also being tactful, diplomatic, and empathetic.
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with staff, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
To Apply - Follow the link below and visit our Application Upload Center.