The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, whose function is to meet the objectives of the program in the Central City Community Health Center. The NP will provide care according to written protocols and will be responsible administratively to and received clinical direction and supervision from, the Medical Director. The Nurse Practitioner will practice in the area of family medicine, pediatric or obstetrics.
Position Responsibilities: Duties/Responsibilities
- Elicits patients medical and social history, performs a review of systems, initiates lab and radiologic tests and studies, provides health teaching and counseling, monitors and manages stabilized chronic conditions, reviews chart findings and exercises of services in accordance with established CCCHC Management CHDP, State Office of Family Planning, Los Angeles Regional Family Planning Council and other medical standards and guidelines. Additionally, may perform simple laboratory tests such as wet mounts. Prescribes and dispenses packaged, pre-labeled medications under protocol, refers and follows up on patients in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Consults with other members of the health care team regarding individual needs of specific patients, provides support for recommended actions and refers patients to appropriate clinic and/or community resources.
- Supervises the RN, LVN, Medical Assistant, Community Health Worker and other staff or personnel providing direct patient care and assumes responsibility for daily clinic management.
- Participates in case management meetings and staff meetings.
- In conjunction with other members of the health care team, provides patient and community education classes as requested.
- Assists in the provision of in-service training of clinical, volunteer and other personnel as assigned by the Medical Director or Lead Clinician.
- Assists in data collection for evaluation and research purposes.
- Completes necessary billing and other patient related forms.
- Participates in the CCCHC clinical committee.
- Participate After Hour/Weekend call schedule as directed by Medical Director
- JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- All other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program for advanced practice
- Current CA licensed as a Nurse Practitioner
- Valid CA “Class 3” Drivers License
- Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment physical examination
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- A minimum of one year experience desirable.
To Apply - Follow the link below and visit our Application Upload Center.