The Physician Assistant is a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, whose function is to meet the objectives of the program in the Central City Community Health Center. The Physician Assistant, under a physician’s direction and by written protocols, will be responsible administratively to and receive clinical direction and supervision from the Medical Director.
- Elicits patients medical and social history, performs a review of systems, initiates lab and radiologic tests and studies, provides health teaching and counseling, monitors and manages stabilized chronic conditions, reviews chart findings and exercises of services in accordance with established CCCHC Management CHDP, State Office of Family Planning, Los Angeles Regional Family Planning Council and other medical standards and guidelines. Additionally, may perform simple laboratory tests such as wet mounts. With appropriate training, prescribes and dispenses packaged, pre-labeled medications under protocol, refers and follows up on patients in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Consults with other members of the health care team regarding individual needs of specific patients, provides support for recommended actions and refers patients to appropriate clinic and/or community resources.
- Supervises the RN, LVN, Medical Assistant, Community Health Worker and other staff or personnel providing direct patient care and assumes responsibility for daily clinic management.
- Participates in case management meetings and staff meetings.
- In conjunction with other members of the health care team, provides patient and community education classes.
- Assists in the provision of in-servicing training of all clinical, volunteer and other personnel.
- Assists in data collection for evaluation and research purposes.
- Completes necessary billing forms.
- Participates in the CCCHC advisory committee.
- Participate in Board and Care Schedule as directed by Medical Director.
- Participate After Hour/Weekend call schedule as directed by Medical Director
- All other duties as assigned.
- JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Graduation from an accredited program for Physician Assistants
- CA licensed as Physician Assistant
- Valid CA “Class 3” Drivers License
- Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment physical examination
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Physical Demands
- General Medical Office Activities - Walking, Standing, Sitting, Talking, Lifting, Typing, etc.
To Apply - Follow the link below and visit our Application Upload Center.