Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 15 direct clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as outpatient support to almost 700 private Residential Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we have an immediate need for Billing Manager.
In this critical role you will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Design, implement and enforce billing department policies and procedures
- Streamline effective billing processes across multiple modalities and departments
- Integrate your experience with MediCal, FQHC, Medicare, and all other State, Federal, and health plan and HMO payer programs into creating effective and compliant billing operations
- Operate and maintain EMR/IT systems (specifically eCW and clearinghouse) to expedite and maximize revenue and cash collections
- Maintain knowledge of State and Federal Compliance Regulations for all State, HRSA, Federal and managed care programs; assures compliance in all billing systems across the organization
- Manage a large team to include effective training, development and leveraging the team’s talents to build a highly effective group
You will work closely with the Central City leadership team and external vendors as necessary to move the company’s billing operations forward and maximize revenue realization. As part of the key responsibilities above you will also focus on the following tasks:
- Oversee and streamline billing and collections processes for all lines of business;
- Implement lean processes to streamline revenue cycle processes.
- Responsible for implementing billing and collections systems across multiple company, clinic/facility operations to address financial counseling, income analysis, application processing, cash collections systems, and sliding fee scales, etc.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, budgeting, priority setting, and reporting for the billing department.
- Responsible for month-end closing of the billing group information.
- Plans and implement quality assurance for all processes.
- Plans and implement special program/billing I.e., CHDP, mobile billing, telehealth, etc.
- Responsible for staff development and training and holding regular staff meetings.
- Responsible for field operators’ problem escalation, resolution and customer service.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA and all health regulations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of all operating policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining working knowledge of CPT, ICD9,” to “CPT coding, ICD9 & ICD10,”. HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, medical coding, insurance benefits, and appeal processes.
- Responsible for maintaining working knowledge of business management and basic accounting principles to direct the billing.
- Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures to accurately answer questions from internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to operate and maintain EMR/IT systems (specifically) to “eClinicalWorks maximize revenue and cash collections.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word, Internet and networking devices.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely and express financial information precisely
- Ability to plan and be organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, provide strong leadership, and motivate direct reports.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills while managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree preferred; preferably in accounting, finance, or business management.
- Minimum of five (5) year medical insurance/health care billing and collections experience in a medical practice or health system , with a deep understanding of medical billing rules and regulations; experience with an EHR;
- Certified coder preferred
- Experience in FQHC business office billing highly preferred.
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central City complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To Apply - Follow instructions below and visit our Application Upload Center.