Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 15 direct clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as outpatient support to almost 700 private Residential Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission, we have an immediate need for Business Analyst
Job Summary Primary purpose of this position is to work in capitation, incentive and membership reporting, and managed care contract pricing analysis support. Will play a primary role in creating and maintaining files to support managed care reporting including data entry, contract pricing comparisons and report generation. Maintains information on contract pricing and on membership and capitation reporting and provides them to staff for review and decision making. Accountable to Managed Care Department
Duties responsible for the capitation reporting and data analysis for the Managed Care Department, including the following:
- Assist the Interim Director of MC to collect all capitation checks from all IPAs contracted with Central City; provide collection activities for delinquent capitation payments;
- Produce monthly capitation / membership reports from the capitation, eligibility and membership reports of all the IPAs; data entry of all information/ assure that the capitation amounts reconcile with the deposits and financial statements;
- Create spreadsheets for contract pricing or production or other data as requested by Director of MC; provide analysis of information as directed by supervisor such as comparing third party payers, State and Federal payers and contract rates/ other comparisons as requested;
- Provide reporting from electronic health records and create spreadsheets for analysis regarding production and encounter reporting and membership utilization;/li>
- Provide contract compliance /billing auditing and analysis as requested by Director of MC;
- All other duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Detailed work habits with excellent data entry and report generation skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to plan and be organized.
- Ability to work well with others, take initiative, and work independently.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent basic math skills;
- Proficiency in PC applications, including email, Microsoft Excel, Word, and internet and networking devices;
- Professional appearance and manner.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Dependable automobile with insurance and a current CA Driver’s License.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or business administration or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of health care / managed care terminology; billing terminology;
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central City complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Normal office environment with:
Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping and kneeling
Ability to handle multiple tasks while also being tactful, diplomatic, and empathetic.
Ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with staff, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
To Apply - Follow the link below and visit our Application Upload Center.