Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 15 direct clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as outpatient support to almost 700 private Residential Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we have an immediate need for Call Center Representative
In this critical role you will be responsible for the following key tasks:
Responsible for calling patients and arranging appointments with their primary care providers for specific reasons and doing so in a caring and professional manner:
- Responsible for scheduling appointments for patients with their primary care providers for
- IHA (Initial Health Assessments) for Medicare and Medicare-MediCal patients within 120 days of assignment;
- Established patients with chronic conditions in need of a follow up visit, test or treatment that has not been performed;
- Patients who have been assigned to CCCHC by a managed care plan but have not been seen by CCCHC within the year;
- Patients who have been discharged from the hospital after an inpatient stay within X number of days after discharge;
- Patients who have been in the ER within 3 days from the discharge from the ER; and
- Patients who have missed medically necessary visits or
- Schedule appointments for x-rays, lab visits, vaccinations, etc. as
- Update patient information and patient registration
- Assist with the referral process.
- Attend all required meetings and
- Consistently demonstrate and uphold CCCHC's principle of providing quality health and human services to the medically underserved and low-income populations in a culturally sensitive manner.
- All other duties as
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound
- Ability to communicate clearly and
- Ability to plan and be organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, be flexible and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and Company records.
- Ability to exhibit good interpersonal
- Professional appearance and
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to the
- Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word, Internet and networking
- Demonstrated ability to learn EHR and follow instructions in that system
- Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required. (Other languages as necessary)
Prior experience working with undeserved populations preferred
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central City complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Normal office environment with:
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping and kneeling
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while also being tactful, diplomatic, and empathetic.
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with staff, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
To Apply - Follow instructions below and visit our Application Upload Center.