Responsible for assisting the uninsured patients find the most appropriate health coverage relative to their financial situation and assist patient/conservators with switching Primary Care Providers, including the following:
1. Responsible for travelling to CCCHC Board and Care homes and assisting patients/conservators with completing PCP changes.
2. Responsible for verifying patient eligibility.
3. Maintain log of completed doctor changes for patients.
4. Maintain a calendar that documents the volume of work performed.
5. Meet monthly goals set by management.
6. Maintain strong knowledge of current health plans/IPAs contracted with CCCHC and of Covered California and health plans offered to clients.
7. Assist the Referral Department with urgent referral requests for doctor changes.
8. Attend weekly Board and Care operations meeting.
9. Counsel patients regarding their ability to qualify for different types of health insurance coverage.
10. Assist with enrolling uninsured patients into Covered California/Medi-Cal at CCCHC clinics, Board and Care homes, and at special events.
11. Assist enrolling new patients into CCCHC clinics and Board and Care homes during special events.
12. Verify patient eligibility based on the criteria set out by Covered California.
13. Schedule appointments in the clinic and Board and Care as set by Covered California for 90 minutes to allow appropriate time to complete each client application.
14. Offer patients the option to vote per Covered California when completing the application and assist only if asked for help.
15. Responsible for securing recertification annually.
16. Consistently demonstrate and uphold CCCHC’s principle of providing quality health and human services to the medically underserved and low-income populations in a culturally sensitive manner.
17. All other duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Ability to plan and be organized.
• Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be flexible and cooperative.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and Company records.
• Ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
• Ability to convey a positive and professional image to patients and employees.
• Must have knowledge of medical terminology/abbreviations.
• Ability to utilize, at a minimum, the basic use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and other computer programs and applications in ways that facilitate panel management.
• Must be able to operate computer and office equipment and software.
• Ability to work with people of diverse cultures and diverse socioeconomic situations.
• Must be able to make decisions and perform job duties with nominal direction.
• Must feel comfortable with discussing and informing patients with information regarding sensitive issues.
• Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
• Reliable transportation, automobile insurance, and current CA Driver License required.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
• State certification for Covered California enrollment counseling required.
• Two years of college preferred.
• Minimum of three years of front office medical office experience preferred.
• Prior experience working with undeserved populations preferred.
To Apply - Follow the link below and visit our Application Upload Center.