Chief Operating Officer
Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 15 direct clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as outpatient support to almost 700 private Residential Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translates into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission, we currently have a need for a Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The COO will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the corporation including oversight of all internal operations plus those related to Clinical Staff and Patient Services. Provides supervision and coordination in all areas of patient care and their respective administrative support of services. Assists the CEO with the development of new programs and services. Assists the CEO and CFO with the development of an annual operating budget and overseeing. Assists in the development and design of new facilities, the remodeling of current facilities and supporting the overall operations of corporate facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct supervision for managers and directors to address organization-wide issues, including program development, personnel policies, employee evaluations, training needs, safety concerns, and quality assurance indicators. Makes recommendations and/or decisions for improvement based on the impact to the organization, rather than any single department.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, oversees recruitment and selection of employees in these departments.
- Directs implementation of programs and scopes of work to ensure compliance with local, State, and Federal regulations governing the organization.
- Promotes the provision of affordable, cost-effective, high quality health care services.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of the organization’s budget and financial forecasts.
- Directs departmental policies, objectives and operational procedures to department supervisors. Resolves problems related to staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Serves as Privacy Officer ensuring the development and implementation of policies and procedures in compliance with HIPAA.
- Represents organization at public and professional meetings as requested by the CEO. Participates in organizational communication and public relations programs.
- Oversee agency grants and contracts with federal, state, and private entities.
- Receives patient complaints and compliments. Addresses issues as needed and directs concerns to appropriate manager and/or administrator and/or CEO.
- Performs other duties as requested and acts for the CEO in his/her absence.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- Master’s degree in Public Health Administration, Pubic Administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in management in health or human services agency.
- Four (4) years’ experience in program development.
- Four (4) years’ experience in with budget development and fiscal control systems.
- Knowledge of health care system and issues related to health care access for uninsured and disenfranchised populations.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local funding designated for health services.
- Knowledge and experience supervising staff in a multifaceted organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Computer literate in desktop applications including Microsoft Office.
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central City Community Health Center l complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To Apply - Follow the link below and visit our Application Upload Center.