Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 16 clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as our support to almost 800 private Board and Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we currently have a need for Dental Assistant
In this role you will fulfill the following key responsibilities:
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Serves as dentist’s or dental hygienist’s chair-side assistant.
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment as per Dental Department protocols.
- Exposes and develops dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive and protocol.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and Dental Department directives and protocol.
- Maintains dental equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s directions and Dental Department policy and protocol.
- Maintains all dental areas in compliance with dental department directives and protocols as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies for inventory control and ordering purposes.
- Monitors patient flow, and assists the dental director, dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed.
- Excellent telephone skills. Makes and receives calls consistent with dental matters, clinic business and patient care.
- Full patient registration, cancelation and re-scheduling of appointments, using EMR system.
- Insures the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and equipment in accordance with Dental department directive and protocol.
- Proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with dental department directive, center policy as well as state and federal regulations.
- Uses protective equipment and practices Universal Precautions.
- Travels when necessary to meet operational needs for community programs.
- Responsible for personal compliance in full with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures including work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to plan and be organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be flexible and cooperative.
- Ability to be self-motivated and independently productive.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and Company records.
- Ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
- Reliable transportation, automobile insurance, and a current CA Driver License.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of accredited course in dental assisting preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in community clinic setting
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize assignments or responsibilities to ensure compliance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central City complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To Apply - Follow instructions below and visit our Application Upload Center.