Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 15 direct clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as outpatient support to almost 700 private Residential Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we have an immediate need for Front Desk Receptionist
In this critical role you will be responsible for the following key tasks:
The Front Desk Receptionist reports directly to the Clinic Lead and is responsible for providing excellent customer service to patients presenting at the clinic for appointments and those telephoning for assistance.
- Greet patients as they arrive at the clinic, answer incoming phone calls, open and sort incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Assist patients with completing paperwork and registration materials.
- Oversee waiting room and monitor patient flow, keeping the clinic lead appraised of any patients waiting for long periods of time.
- Screen patients for insurance status and eligibility in publicly supported programs.
- Schedule patient appointments for all providers and support services staff such as CPSP case manager, LCSW, health education, etc.
- Assist in preparing, filing, and pulling patient charts.
- Handle protected health information in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). The Front Desk Receptionist will have access to protected health information during the course of his/her work activities. The Front Desk Receptionist will use this information to communicate medically necessary information to other health care providers to facilitate care for the patient. Applying the minimum necessary standard for HIPAA, the employee will have access to the full medical record, the practice management system, and the chronic disease registry system.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Clinic Lead.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Successful completion of medical assistant training program or a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a medical receptionist, preferably in a community health center.
- Proficient with use of a computer and keyboarding of 45 w.p.m.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with employees, business professionals, management and the general public.
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task (work on multiple projects at the same time) in high-paced environment
- Good oral and written English skills. Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese (Garden Grove)
- Basic math skills, including ability to change currency.
- Experienced in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Licenses or Certificates
- Employee must posses a valid driver’s license.
All CCCHC employees are expected to develop and maintain professional and courteous working relationships with all other CCCHC employees, patients, visitors, health profession students, vendors, and volunteers of the organization. In addition, CCCHC employees are expected to provide courteous and efficient service to health and social service agencies working with CCCHC patients
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central City complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Normal office environment with:
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping and kneeling
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while also being tactful, diplomatic, and empathetic.
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with staff, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
To Apply - Follow instructions below and visit our Application Upload Center.