Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 15 direct clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as outpatient support to almost 700 private Residential Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we have an immediate need for Licensed Vocational Nurse-Residential Care
As a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, responsible for delivering primary care in an outreach setting with an emphasis on disease prevention and mental health maintenance
- Manage patient care coordination and regularly review patient progress with primary care provider and psychiatry/ mental health provider.
- Assist referrals department in managing specialized referrals i.e. surgical procedures, home health, and referral appeals.
- Manage all pharmacy requests such as refills and changes in medications with prior authorization from the prescribing provider.
- Take record and vital signs, height and weight, vision test, and hearing test.
- Assist clinical staff with examination procedures.
- Update patient charts in regard to allergies, medication use, and immunization history at each visit.
- Complete preliminary laboratory review and alert providers for abnormalities.
- Follow-up on abnormal findings over the phone at the request of the providers.
- Administer immunizations and vaccinations ordered by providers and maintain tracking of all administration records.
- Administer medications under the provider’s orders, except I.V. medications.
- Responsible for phlebotomy as needed.
- Educate and counsel patients/ caretakers concerning their disease, treatment, and prevention of disease in the Residential Care facilities.
- Responsible for HIV/Antibody Test Counseling in accordance with established policies and procedures and in compliance with State and Federal requirements.
- Order medical supplies and monitor inventory.
- Participate in program development and case management such as immunizations, family planning, CHDP, hypertension, and diabetes.
- Continually assess for areas of improvement and develop plans and evaluation criteria for such.
- Answer patient questions after consultation with the provider or as per established procedures in that regard (i.e. health questions, medication refills, lab results, etc.).
- Assist with health education classes when necessary.
- Supervise staff of Medical Assistants and lab assistants in the absence of the RN.
- Prepare reports to fulfill State and Federal requirements.
- Participate in quality improvement.
- Consistently demonstrate and uphold CCCHC’s principle of providing quality health and human services to the medically underserved and low-income populations in a culturally sensitive manner.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to plan and be organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be flexible and cooperative.
- Self-motivated and independently productive.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and Company records.
- Ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to patients and co-workers.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word, Internet and networking devices.
- Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience with Mentally Ill patients
- Must possess a dependable automobile with insurance.
- Current CA Driver License.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program with either an associate degree or equivalent.
- Current CA licensed as a Vocational Nurse or interim permit for Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Must have knowledge through practical experience and/or training in the following areas:
- Mental Health
- Public Health Nursing
- Family Planning
- Clinical Nursing Practices
Normal clinic environment with:
- Scheduled travel to Residential Care facilities for immunization and medication administration.
- Walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while also being tactful, diplomatic, and empathetic.
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with patients, customers, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain composure under conditions of urgency and/or time constraint.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to be sensitive to patient needs and treating the areas of health and social services as one component.
- Ability to aggressively develop patient care programs within clinical policies and program objectives, and relating them to the funding requirements.
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central City complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply - Follow the link below and visit our Application Upload Center.