Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 16 clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as our support to almost 800 private Board and Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
Currently we are seeking a Medical Assistant Clinic Lead to join our team.
- Provide back up for front and back office, referrals, as well as to the CPSP person.
- Responsible for coverage of the clinic at all times.
- Supervision and training of staff members.
- Preparation and coordination with audits.
- Updating billing on different programs, including CHDP, SOFP, OB, CPSP)
- Performance review of staff members.
- Ensuring compliance of the clinic including, but not limited to (programs, paperwork, provider notes, calibration, fire department, HIPPA regulations and licensing.
- Attendance of training and new updates.
- Responsible for the collection of time sheets from employees.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Performing monthly walk-thru inspections.
- Preparing applications for the clinic.
- Performing chart reviews. Responsible for any cash transactions and mail for the clinic
- Responsible for any cash transactions and mail for the clinic.
- Ensure goals are met for productivity numbers and preparation of weekly productivity reports.
- Responsible for coordinating transactions and mail for the clinic.
- Providing coverage for employees when on vacation.
- Ordering Medical supplies, including but not limited to vaccinations and medications.
- Reviewing all logs.
- Preparation of OSHPD reports.
- Monitoring clinic budget.
- Dealing with patient/staff complaints
- Scheduling of patients
- Creating new charts.
- Providing back-up for PECS
- Responsible for prescription refill
- All other duties as assigned.
- Four years working in a non-profit organization
- Strong management, organizational and computer skills
- Work effectively with individuals and follow oral and written directions.
- Mature judgment, tact, discretion and confidentiality are mandatory.
- Ability to perform skillfully and effectively the duties of a Medical Assistant.
- Requires a professional, pleasant and effective representation of the corporation.
- Must have knowledge of CHDP guidelines, Immunizations schedule and AAP periodicity table.
- Must possess a dependable automobile with insurance and a valid California driver’s license.
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CCCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To Apply - Follow the link below and visit our Application Upload Center.