Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 15 direct clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as outpatient support to almost 700 private Residential Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we have an immediate need for Phlebotomist Service Administrator
- To maintain the highest standard of patient and customer service within the department.
- To be responsible for ensuring the telephone is answered quickly and inquiries are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Arranging and booking appointments for home visits and extended tests including car bookings
- To participate in all clerical activities within the Phlebotomy Department e.g. computerized data entry, Faxing and reporting ECGs, accurate record keeping and confidential filing.
- Liaising with other departments, in particular “queries” resulting from sample reception To be responsible for the stock taking and ordering of all phlebotomy supplies.
- To be aware of and abide by the rules and codes of conduct of the department.
- This is particularly important in the case of Health and Safety and Fire procedures.
- To behave in a professional manner and cooperate with all other members of staff at all times.
- To work closely with the Patient Services Manager. Other duties as specified by the Patient
- Services Manager. General Duties To become familiar with the day to day organization of the department as it affects your work. You should be aware of the functions of other members of staff in the department as they affect your work.
- To be fully familiar with the laboratory IT system and its appropriate utilization in the discharge of your duties.
- To undertake such work as you are assigned in a careful and efficient way and in compliance with CPA guidelines and CQC guidelines. You will be trained for the work that you are expected to perform. Do not attempt any work unless you are confident you can carry it out properly.
- Ability to perform skillfully and effectively the duties of a Medical Assistant Phlebotomist.
- Work effectively with individuals and follow oral and written directions.
- Mature judgment, tact, discretion and confidentiality are mandatory.
- Requires a professional, pleasant and effective representation of the corporation.
Must have knowledge of CHDP guidelines, Immunizations schedule and AAP periodicity table
Must possess a dependable automobile with insurance and a valid California driver’s license.
Must be a Certified Licensed Phlebotomist
- Responsible for complying with all federal, state and local regulatory agency requirements
- Responsible for complying with all accrediting agencies
- Responsible for ensuring CLIA Waiver requirements are maintained and communicated to team member responsible for maintaining treatment center licensure
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- General Office Activities - Walking, Standing, Sitting, Talking, Typing, Helping Patients Ambulate etc.
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with customers, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
- Organize and schedule work effectively.
- Work well under time constraint.
- Handle multiple tasks.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Handle confidential information.
PHYSICAL HAZARDS -- HEALTH AND SAFETY CONCERNS
- General Medical Office Environment.
EQUIPMENT AND SPECIAL MATERIALS
- Computer, printer, telephone, mobile phone, photocopy machine, fax machine, 10-key calculator, etc.
- Organize time and responsibilities to meet requirements of assigned workload.
- Understand and utilize community resources for the benefit of the patients.
- Advanced knowledge of medication assisted treatment.
- Excellent phlebotomy skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and practices.
- Hold a basic understanding of alcohol/drug abuse and addiction. Additionally, keep updated on current drug abuse and treatment information maintenance treatment.
- Knowledge of current health issues, especially related to opiate dependent patients.
- Knowledge of current medical assistant/phlebotomist best practices and procedures.
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central City complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Normal office environment with:
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping and kneeling
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while also being tactful, diplomatic, and empathetic.
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with staff, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply - Follow the link below and visit our Application Upload Center.