Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 16 clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as our support to almost 800 private Board and Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we currently have a need for Referral Coordinator
In this role you will fulfill the following key responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an effective communication link between patient, medical staff, behavioral health staff, rehabilitation facilities, hospitals, etc.
- Schedule, coordinate and track referrals for diagnostic testing and specialty care.
- Assist in coordination of care with other providers in the community, ensuring that information goes when and where it is needed.
- Facilitates provider communication at regular intervals throughout patient’s hospitalization or stay at other facilities.
- Maintains ongoing communication with discharge planners, case managers, and care coordinators at facilities to which patients are periodically admitted.
- Ensure all patients are tracked and data entered into systems for follow up and reporting.
- Coordinate with medical staff to ensure that case management services are provided to patients with complex medical and/or psychosocial problems.
- Handle protected health information in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). The Referral Coordinator will have access to protected health information during the course of his/her work activities. The Referral Coordinator will use this information to communicate medically necessary information to other health care providers to facilitate care for the patient. Applying the minimum necessary standard for HIPAA, the employee will have access to the full medical record, the practice management system, and the chronic disease registry system.
- All duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication in English and a second language, preferably Spanish or Vietnamese (Garden Grove).
- Knowledge of medical terminology/abbreviations.
- Knowledge of the health care system including managed care contracting, Medi-Cal, Medicare, and local IPAs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Education and Experience required:
- High School diploma or GED and two years of college desirable.
- Oral and written communication skills equivalent at a high school level.Prior experience working with underserved populations preferred
- We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To Apply - Follow instructions below and visit our Application Upload Center.