Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 16 clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as our support to almost 800 private Board and Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we currently have a need for Licensed Vocational Nurse
In this role you will fulfill the following key responsibilities:
Working closely with clinical staff, front desk personnel and other related personnel, assists with the delivery of primary care in an ambulatory setting with an emphasis on disease prevention and health maintenance, including the following:
1. Responsible for preparing patients for examination.
2. Note brief history of the reason or visit in the patient’s chart.
3. Take record and vital signs, height and weight, vision test, and hearing test.
4. Assist clinical staff with examination procedures.
5. Take history for prenatal and family planning patients.
6. Administer medications under the provider’s orders, except I.V. medications.
7. Update patient charts in regard to allergies, medication use, and immunization history at each visit.
8. Complete lab slips as necessary.
9. Administer immunization understanding orders from providers.
10. Responsible phlebotomy as needed.
11. Educate and counsel patients concerning their disease, treatment, and prevention of disease.
12. Sterilize medical instruments and equipment.
13. Follow-up on abnormal findings over the phone at the request of the providers.
14. Responsible for HIV/Antibody Test Counseling in accordance with established policies and procedures and in compliance with State and Federal requirements.
15. Order medical supplies, narcotics, and medication; stocking each room with supplies.
16. Participate in program development and case management such as immunizations, family planning, CHDP, hypertension, and diabetes.
17. Continually assess for areas of improvement and develop plans and evaluation criteria for such.
18. Answer patient questions after consultation with the provider or as per established procedures in that regard (i.e. health questions, medication refills, lab results, etc.).
19. Assist with health education classes when necessary.
20. Initiate route lab tests after triage of a patient such as pregnancy tests and CHDP requirements.
21. Supervise staff of Medical Assistants and lab assistants in the absence of the RN.
22. Prepare reports to fulfill State and Federal requirements.
23. Participate in quality improvement.
24. Consistently demonstrate and uphold CCCHC’s principle of providing quality health and human services to the medically underserved and low-income populations in a culturally sensitive manner.
25. All other duties, as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
* Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Ability to plan and be organized.
* Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be flexible and cooperative.
* Self-motivated and independently productive.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and Company records.
* Ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
* Ability to convey a positive and professional image to patients and co-workers.
* Professional appearance and demeanor.
* Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word, Internet and networking devices.
* Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
* Reliable transportation, automobile insurance, and current CA Driver License.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Graduation from an accredited Nursing program with either an associate degree or equivalent required.
* Current CA licensed as a Vocational Nurse or interim permit for Licensed Vocational Nurse required.
* Must have knowledge through practical experience and/or training in the following areas:
o Public Health Nursing
o Pediatric Nursing
o Family Planning
o Maternal and Child Health
o Clinical Nursing Practices
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Required licenses or certifications:
- CA LVN