Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 16 clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as our support to almost 800 private Board and Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we currently have a need for Register Nurse
In this role you will fulfill the following key responsibilities:
As a member of the multidisciplinary team, responsible for conducting assessments and reassessments of nursing needs of the participant and develop an individualized plan of care for each participant including short term and long term goals, including the following:
1. Responsible for assessing participants’ personal care needs and assist with activities of daily living, including supervising the provision of these services.
2. Document all skilled nursing care on the day of service and provide quarterly signed and dated progress notes.
3. Provide supportive and restorative nursing services as defined in plan of care.
4. Develop the nursing component for continence training program.
5. Monitor, administer, and record prescribed medications in accordance with regulations.
6. Observe and monitor health status of all participants.
7. Serve as liaison to participants’ personal physicians and keep personal physicians informed of any marked change in the condition of participants.
8. Educate staff about disease processes, physical care of the participants, and infection control procedures.
9. Responsible for medication management and compliance with regulatory requirements for supervising and maintaining records of prescription drugs stored at the CCCHC.
10. Train participants in self-administration of their medications when appropriate in accordance with regulatory requirements for self-medication.
11. Supervise the provision of the therapy maintenance program with the agreement of the physical and occupational therapists and receive training from them in the specific activities of the maintenance program that he/she will supervise.
12. Comply with all health and safety standards including licensing, fire, and disaster preparedness regulations and agency policies.
13. Consistently demonstrate and uphold CCCHC’s principle of providing quality health and human services to the medically underserved and low-income populations in a culturally sensitive manner.
14. All other duties, as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
* Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Ability to plan and be organized.
* Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be flexible and cooperative.
* Self-motivated and independently productive.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and Company records.
* Ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
* Ability to convey a positive and professional image to patients and employees.
* Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
* Reliable transportation, automobile insurance, and current CA Driver License.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Graduation from an accredited Nursing program required.
* Current CA licensed as a Registered Nurse required.
* Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply for this position please visit our website at: http://centralcityhealth.org