Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, underserved individuals. With 16 clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as our support to almost 800 private Board and Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
To support our mission we currently have a need for Director of Finance
In this role you will fulfill the following key responsibilities:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the oversight of the financial, accounting, and reporting activities of the corporation and in assisting with and supporting presentations to the Board Finance and Audit Committee, including the following:
1. Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
2. Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets, and actual expenditures.
3. Coordinate all audit activity.
4. Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
* Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
* Monitor progress and changes.
* Keep senior leadership abreast of CCCHC’s financial status.
5. Assist CCCHC leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process
* Administer and review all financial plans.
* Compare to actual results with a view to identify and explain variances as appropriate.
6. Support the CFO in engaging the Board’s Audit and Finance Committee regarding financial operating model and deliver issues and trends.
7. Oversee all financial, project/program, and grants accounting
* Ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period.
* Collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants.
8. Manage organizational cash flow forecasting.
9. Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
10. Leverage strengths of the current finance team members
* Clarify roles and responsibilities.
* Develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
11. Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels.
12. Consistently demonstrate and uphold CCCHC’s principle of providing quality health and human services to the medically underserved and low-income populations in a culturally sensitive manner.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
* Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Ability to plan and be organized.
* Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, provide strong leadership, and motivate direct reports.
* Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
* Professional appearance and demeanor.
* Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word, Internet and networking devices.
* Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
* Reliable transportation, automobile insurance, and a current CA Driver License.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor degree required.
* Minimum seven (7) years of experience in accounting and finance required.
* CPA and/or MBA preferred.
* Experience working in complex non-profits handling multiple programs preferred.
* Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheet programs; e-Health or similar billing software highly desirable.
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply for this position please visit our website at: http://centralcityhealth.org/oldsite/
Job Type: Full-time
accounting: 7 years
Finance: 7 years
Required license or certification:
* CPA and/or MBA preferred.
We have set up application questions for your job.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor's?
How many years of accounting experience do you have?
How many years of Finance experience do you have?
Do you have the following license or certification: * CPA and/or MBA preferred.?