Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, underserved individuals. With 16 clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as our support to almost 800 private Board and Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs duties under the direction of the Physician or nurse in examination and treatment of patients.
- Provides clinic services such as TB skin tests and administration of prescribed medication.
- Draws blood, gives injections, administers and reads skin tests, administers immunizations and vaccinations, obtains laboratory specimens.
- Prepares patient for doctor examination, positions instruments and equipment and assists physician.
- Takes medical history of patients and checks vital signs.
- Follow-up on laboratory results, including providing results to ordering physician, and scheduling appointments with patients.
- Processing any/all outside referrals, including scheduling appointments and follow-up on missed/cancelled appointments, and results, etc.
- Board and Care visits 4 times per week with Podiatrist and Social Worker.
- Pulling and filing of charts for board and care, genetics and ultrasound.
- Participate and help implement quality improvement directives.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- May be required to pick-up vaccines, medical supplies, etc.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Ability to perform skillfully and effectively the duties of a Medical Assistant.
- Work effectively with individuals and follow oral and written directions.
- Mature judgment, tact, discretion and confidentiality are mandatory.
- Requires a professional, pleasant and effective representation of the corporation.
- Must have knowledge of CHDP guidelines, Immunizations schedule and AAP periodicity table.
- Must possess a dependable automobile with insurance and a valid California driver’s license.
- Must be a Certified Licensed Medical Assistant
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- General Office Activities - Walking, Standing, Sitting, Talking, Typing, Helping Patients Ambulate etc.
- We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Download and complete the Applicant Evaluation - Please Submit below with your resume.[captainform id="762193" lightbox="1" text_content="Apply%20Here" type="text"]